Opportunity for participating schools, colleges, universities and local councils to help those who are not able to afford further education by collecting old, no longer needed but still usable tech.
Launching a brand new initiative ‘Scholarships for Refugees and Homeless People’ from November 2021 we are going to be helping students learn about working together, collaborating, and combining their strengths moving forward. As a result, we are presenting an opportunity for schools, colleges, universities and local councils to help refugees and homeless people unable to afford education. We are a community interest company founded by a former child refugee, so this topic is important to us.
We will be putting batches of £5,000 towards tuition fees and expenses for people from refugee background and homeless people who getting back on their feet and moving into permanent accommodation with grants towards training and courses in partnership with a Homeless Charity who are going to pay for the identified clients’ study. Our funds widen the opportunities for vulnerable people to get back on their feet, find work and integrate into the British society. For example one of the criteria is that participating charities would disclose to us the places already available, where their other funding is coming from and then apply for the additional fund for additional people. We would evaluate and approve or decline each application.
This is an opportunity for participating schools, colleges, universities, local council and other large organizations to help those who have nothing are not able to afford any further education.
Benefits to schools, colleges and universities who choose to participate:
- Schools, colleges and universities to be included in the launch press release.
- Certificate of participation
- Helping students learn about working together, helping others and collaborating.
- Schools that collect the largest quantity of items will win an additional press release and a photo with the SocialBox.Biz team, charity partner team, and refugees benefiting from the scholarship.
How Does It Work?
- Once 5,000 approved items are reached (old but still usable laptops & desktops, dual core and above, smartphones, iPads, servers, routers), funds will be paid to our participating partner charity. Scholarships for Refugees and Homeless People gathers old no longer needed but still usable laptops and other tech upgrading it so some of the suitable items can be used by those in need. Other usable technology is used for fundraising making the whole initiative sustainable. Building up the volumes of items collected and ongoing participation from organisations contributing items is important.
How Can Your School Help?
1. Release old but still usable tech from your offices
2. Organize donation collection events
3. Engage local businesses to release old but still usable tech from their offices to our initiative
For the schools that collect the largest quantity of items in each round of scholarships we’ll produce an additional press release and a photo with the SocialBox.Biz team , charity partner team and refugees benefiting from the scholarships.
The University of Surrey has already contributed hundreds of usable items including laptops and routers. Once a total of 5,000 approved items has been reached, funds will be paid to the participating partner charity. In addition to the University of Surrey, Greater London Authority has also agreed to team with us and will be donating laptops and equipment that were previously no longer needed but still usable.
“We’re grateful for the ongoing support from the University of Surrey and the Mayor of London in our mission to provide access to working computers and the internet that is increasingly essential for job hunting, support, and other services we all now take for granted. Without computer access, people already in need can be locked out of modern society. We’re now looking for more local partners to help us upgrade and reuse old kit and direct it to the people who need it,” said Peter Paduh, Chairman of SocialBox.Biz
“With Scholarships for Refugees and Homeless People, we want to maximize social impact by reusing instead of recycling all old, no longer needed technology that is still usable. By teaming up with local communities and schools, we can help make education accessible for underprivileged refugees. As a former child refugee myself, this is a cause I am extremely passionate about, and I am eager to be able to give back to the community and help refugees like myself.”
This is an excellent opportunity for participating schools, colleges, universities, local councils, and other large organizations to help those who have nothing and cannot afford any further education. Participants will learn valuable lessons about collaboration and helping others. Schools that collect the largest quantity of items will win an additional press release and a photo with the SocialBox.Biz team, charity partner team, and beneficiaries from the scholarship.
The funds provided through Scholarships for Refugees and Homeless People will broaden the opportunities to get back on their feet and integrate into British society.
The Scholarships for Refugees and Homeless People campaign does not replace a regular recycling contract. We ask that any organization that may have material being replaced contact us first so that we can determine if there are any usable items to be re-used before any scrap recycling takes place. This way, we can keep the whole process as sustainable as possible on an ongoing basis.
Contact us today at SocialBox.Biz
For more information from our media pack, visit:
Other items can also be collected: please contact us.
Info ( at ) SocialBox.Biz